2.22.2006

The flower lion hairdo


Flower Princess Trista
Originally uploaded by Temmerling.
Kristin really, really wanted me to post this picture. Honestly, I can't believe I found it. My mom keeps all her photographs in 4 very large baskets (my sisters in law and I are going to organize them for my parents' anniversary this May) and this picture was in the very first handful I pulled out.

I mentioned this picture once before, but here it is in all its glory. My flower lion hair. I thought I was so damn cool. Returning to my faerie roots. Obviously obviously everyone would HAVE to believe me when I told them I was not for this ordinary life, when they saw how willingly the flowers twined in my tresses. Once they witnessed how naturally I flitted through the sylvan world never again would I be forced to sully my hands with the washing up. I was made for finer pursuits!

You laugh. But I really believed that. My inner ten-year-old right this very minute is arguing that the proof of my fay nature is the fact that the camera could not capture the reality of my appearance. I did not really look this, this (god, is there even a word for this?), NO! I was magnificent, just too magnificent for this mortal plane. So there!

And if you're wondering about the glasses, yes, you're right. My grandma picked them out. She said they were all the rage. She said it just that way, too. "All the rage." Which should have clued me in on the fact that she didn't know what she was talking about. but I was only 10 or 11 and I wasn't that street smart. Of course, she was probably just saying that because there were only 5 children's frames to pick from on the "discount" table which were the only frames my parents could afford. I cannot even tell you how many times I managed to "lose" those bad boys. Oh, and that orangie-brown splotch off to the right of my head? Vintage chili sauce. Or spaghetti sauce. Or something else food-related. But definitely NOT the glow surrounding one of the lesser fay. Unfortunately.

Posted by Trista @ 9:28 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I actually kind of like the hair.

Posted by Blogger Nik @ 9:42 AM #
 

Really good. You ARE a flower princess...that is what flower princesses LOOKED LIKE in the 80's. Everyone knows that. Like totally.

And sometimes magical objects look decieving in the corporeal world. Certainly the glasses had untold magical powers, right?

Posted by Blogger charlotte @ 10:51 AM #
 

is that really you? Wow, Cool pic although the glasses not so much lol
Thanx for sharing!

Posted by Blogger Desconocida @ 11:14 AM #
 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
Love the picture. When Julia is 10 you should dress her the same way and take a picture!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:11 PM #
 

I had glasses like that. Mine were peachy-pink, slightly smaller (not much!), with a "cool" almost hexagonal shape (and don't I detect that in yours?). While I still wore those glasses, I got a perm and my mother gave me a mullet. I was nine. It was also during the time when I thought my teeth were too crooked to show to anyone, so I smiled with my mouth shut. For some reason, when I do this I always look smug, or somehow deviant. So, there are the pictures of me with THOSE glasses, a permed mullet, and a tight-lipped pre-criminal smile. At least you had flowers!

The moral of the story is, and I think you'll agree, when the optometrist tells you that you are "blind as a bat," inevitably you end up with these glasses and a perm; and I don't think it's assuming too much to say that not being able to see plays into this somehow!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:21 PM #
 

Love the hair. we all have pics like that. Hee hee :-)

Posted by Blogger kiles1670 @ 9:19 PM #
 

My hair looked that like through my early adolescence, largely because it became much curlier (it was just wavy when I was a kid) and I did not know what to do with it. Most pictures of me from about 11 to 14 have my hands on my head trying to hold it down.
I had those glasses in the 80s. I mean, more or less. And *I* picked them out. I don't remember there *being* child size frames....I picked them out because they were the least ugly ones that were shown to me. Sigh.

Posted by Blogger Lo @ 12:01 AM #
 

I had glasses like that. Flower hair? No. But glasses like that (and worse), definitely.

Remember how for a while the earpieces dipped down and attached to the BOTTOM of the frame? Yup. At least TWO different pair like that.

And a hideous perm, too.

Ahh, thank God that's all over now.

Posted by Blogger Jen @ 6:42 AM #
 

I had the glasses and the perm too. But I never had the idea to put pretty flowers in my hair. You look like a bridesmaid or flower girl at a hippie prairie wedding.

Posted by Blogger M. @ 9:42 AM #
 

You are SO a flower Princess! You look so one with the earth. I love it!

Posted by Blogger Calliope @ 9:20 PM #
 

Dear Jesus. What was it about the mid 80s and perms? I have a similar picture of myself--no glasses or flowers, but oh, the curls.

Posted by Blogger hd @ 4:07 PM #
 
<< Home

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS