9.22.2006

Panting for the Weekend

Well, after being home with a sick and cranky baby for two days, I was almost looking forward to coming into work where I could blog in peace.

But no. It's crappy here right now. I can't go into details, but suffice it to say that I am having a situation with a person and it's pissing me off. I think this person is acting pretty childishly and so I feel completely justified in squeezing this person's tiny little head between my fingers (held up close to my eyes) whenever I look across the elevator lobby and the two sets of bulletproof doors that separate our workstations.

Anybody need to hire a poet? I'm pretty crafty, and I don't blog about my employers. Well, at least, not much.

In other news Kristin and I spent last night researching the Watch Tower and the J-dubs. Holy crap, those people are SCARY! Apologies to any of my readers who may just happen to belong to that cult religion, but you scare the bejesus out of me! And that's saying something! We're still not sure what we're going to do wrt her presence in our lives, but I really want to print up some of the articles about what the Watch Tower does to children -- its reaction to accusations of child abuse by members, the phobias it teaches, the negative psychological indications, the denial of certain medical procedures -- and give copies of them to both her and her husband. But that may be going too far. I don't know. The stage I am at right now is that she can do what she likes with her life, but I'm grieving for her daughters, especially her oldest, just turned 3, whom I consider to be like a niece.

Oh, does anyone know how to get something from a camcorder to the computer to a blog? Our camcorder is one of those with the teeny tiny little tapes and it says it's digital. But it only has cords to go to the TV. And there is just the cutest clip that we want to put on The Speckled Frog. And I don't know how to do it. Is it even possible?

Oy, I miss my camera. I MISS IT. And there's a scathing post about Nikon and Ritz cameras coming...

Final thing, I finally got around to updating my links. There's some cool people there so go check it out. And if you read me and have a blog and would like a link, drop me a line and I'll stick you up there...

Tomorrow we're having an end-of-season bbq... I just hope it stops raining long enough for us to have it outside. And I hope it stops raining long enough so that Kristin doesn't have to pick up dog crap alone in the rain. Don't get me wrong, she always picks it up alone, but in rain just makes it that much worse...

Posted by Trista @ 11:15 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Yeah, the JW's are just...scary. I knew someone who had been married, etc, and after he divorced and came out...oooh boy. His father was afraid to even have lunch with him, in case someone from church saw them.

*pout* I'm not listed. *sniff* Don't you love me no more? (and package should be on its way this weekend).

Posted by Blogger Blondie @ 1:25 PM #
 

I KNEW I forgot someone! I'll fix that right away!

Posted by Blogger Trista @ 1:44 PM #
 

Wheee!! Thanks!

Posted by Blogger Blondie @ 1:56 PM #
 

K, I'm a camera freak, so I may be able to help you out. Call me.

You really should check out my youtube site... Loads of cuteness there...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=intorainbowz

Posted by Blogger WendyLou @ 1:59 PM #
 

look for a fire wire port on your camera. if it is digital it should have one. It is small so you may have to hunt for it. then as far as uploading- well you may need to google your camera brand & see about that.

Posted by Blogger Calliope @ 5:52 AM #
 
<< Home

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS