3.12.2006

snippets

Friday I came home from work and went to my mailbox and discovered that my $20k piece of paper had finally arrived. It was in a heavy cardboard envelope that read "DO NOT BEND" and bent fully in half and shoved in my mailbox. Inside, my diploma was creased in 2 places. I cried, I gnashed my teeth, I thought about calling the University again but since this is the second one they've sent me (mysteriously the first one they sent in December never arrived -- I think my mailperson hates me) I decided against it. Kristin suggested that I iron it, and that did take out one of the creases.

Frankly, I think it's the perfect end to my Master's Journey: blemished by things beyond my control. Heck, at least the woman who, through her incompetence, kept me from graduating when I expected to was fired recently. Score one for justice.

On another note, you know that you're
a) Married
b) with infant
c) it's been a while
when you think the phrase "she's sleeping, we better get busy" is a HUGE turn on.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm the kind of person who thinks that's an A1 pick-up line regardless of the circumstances. What can I say? I'm easy (and a dork).

Posted by Trista @ 10:30 AM

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS