3.30.2006

Decisions Decided


The Treehouse
Originally uploaded by Temmerling.
THANK YOU! Thank you everyone who helped me make that horrible decision about which of my posts to submit. It KILLED me not to submit them all, but in the end I, with a LOT of help from you folks, made my decisions and sent them off. I took down the post about it because... well because I did a little cheating, did some editing, mushed some together... anyway, as per my strict rule of never deleting anything, it is sitting, safe and sound in my draft archives, to be returned to its rightful place once the dust has cleared.

Anyway.

Kristin and I have also made our decision about our May vacation. Apologies to everyone in Florida that we've been hinting we might come visit. What can we say? We're horrible teases. No, that's not true. We want very much to go to Florida and meet all of you. We just didn't think it was the best idea for our first vacation with Julia.

So. We decided to go to Oregon instead. We miss They Who Have Abandoned Us too much to pass up a chance to go see them, and Kristin has family there who haven't met Julia yet.

After spending DAYS on the phone with each other at work, co-surfing beach property rental websites, we finally reserved the Treehouse above for a lovely 7 days. 7 days filled with the sound of the ocean. 7 days of walks on the beach. 7 days of periodic visits from friends and family. 7 days of reading and playing and sleeping. 7 days. 7 days. 7 days of heaven. And a total of 11 days away from work.

God, I can't wait. How can I wait? I have been reduced to periodically hiding in a small private telephone room at work.

Now, when I'm hiding, I can be making lists of things we need to buy before going, and things we mustn't forget to pack before going, and things we should remember to tell our house/dogsitters before going and things we must be certain to see while there...

Posted by Trista @ 8:32 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Wow, That's an amazing place you are gonna spend your vacation in!! I'm going on vacation too, but in less time than you hehehehe.. I blogged about that and put a pic of where I'm going too!

By the way.. Congrats on making the decision at last .. I hope it works out Good!!!!

Posted by Blogger Desconocida @ 9:07 AM #
 

can't believe that you didn't consider Alabama!!

ha ha ha ha ha

The treehouse looks & sounds amazing.

& fingers crossed for that other bit too ;-)

AHHH! My word verification is: ucimhot

Posted by Blogger Calliope @ 9:52 AM #
 

oh my god, that looks fabulous! could you (when you get back, maybe) post a review and some links to how some of the rest of us might have a tree-beach-house vacation?

Posted by Blogger betsyl @ 10:36 AM #
 

that looks way cool!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:55 PM #
 

This place looks awesome. I've spent a lot of time on your blog this morning. Wow, Julia is growing up so fast and your house is looking awesome. I've never tried to post to a blog, so we'll see how this goes. We miss you guys.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:57 PM #
 

Yay for vacation! I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry I didn't get a chance to weight in on your writing stuff, because I was so not over my own vacation that I spent four days playing with my photos and not doing much else and then when I came to do my blog-neighborly part and read them they were gone. So forgive me. I promise to get my head out of my own ass faster next time.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:23 AM #
 

Wow, the treehouse does look awesome. I sure Sacha will be good and pg by then and we won't have to worry about scheduling around inseminations!

Posted by Blogger M. @ 8:51 AM #
 
<< Home

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS