Guess who gets to go to work for a half day tomorrow?
That would be me!!! I'm still exhausted, very easily tired, and want to sleep a lot, but I think I can do a half day before the weekend. Plus, it'll help my self-esteem.
Guess what else? I also lost 7 lbs! Let's give a big hoorah to a wasting disease! If only I hadn't fueled myself with all that pecan pie.
Yesterday, I made my bed. I felt so accomplished. I made my bed, people! And then I immediately lay on it and pulled the covers up over myself like a sick-person burrito and fell back asleep. But the bed was made, and that has to count for something. Today I'm going to try to put laundry away.
The other day I was sitting on the couch, and Julia was sitting next to me, and Zoe (the cat) was sitting on my lap and purring. Julia reached forward and very, very gently, touched Zoe's ear. Zoe flicked her ear and Julia pulled back.
"That's Zoe's ear." I said. "She doesn't like you to touch it."
"Yeah." Julia replied thoughtfully. She looked at Zoe another moment and reached forward and gently touched Zoe's nose. Zoe snorted, but was too comfortable to move her head or anything. Julia continued lightly touching Zoe's nose until I said: "That's Zoe's nose."
Julia jerked back, looked at me alarmed, and clapped her hand to her own nose, feeling it, pinching it, pushing it. If she'd had the verbal language skills, I think she would have said, "Oh, god, PLEASE don't tell me that my nose looks like THAT! How is it possible that I could have anything in common with a cat?" I laughed my ass off, and Zoe finally moved, affronted, as Julia started poking at her nose again.
And, finally, here is Cali's meme.
1) If somebody said you were like a breakfast cereal, which one would you be and why? I would be Malt-o-Meal. Because I'm full of subtle flavors that are brought out by butter and spice. Because I'm filling and cozy on a cold morning. And because if you make me wrong, I'm gloppy, lumpy, overly sticky, and hard to swallow.
2) How do you take your coffee/tea? I like me some Mochas, so stick some chocolate in that coffee! Tea, I normally take black, with some sugar. Unless it's chai. I also love chai. I like my chai hot and spicy, but not that sweet.
3) Your bedroom is on fire. You can only reach in & grab ONE thing. Do you grab your photo album or your journals? Um, I grab my flash drive with all my poetry on it... shoot, that's not a good enough answer. Because, what if I CAN'T get it? What then? I just lose everything? I need a fire-proof safe. I need an off-site storage center. I need to prepare!
4) When I see people flicking their still-lit cigarette butts out their car windows I wish I could catch that butt, drive the flicker down, and RAM IT IN THEIR EYE so that everyone else would know that a discarded cigarette butt can still cause DAMAGE!!!, like, um, a FIRE.
5) Got porn? Oh yeah, baby. Wanna see?
6) If I could meet that first girl who made my hands tremble whenever I sat next to her and explain why that night under the tree I couldn't breathe when I was looking in her eyes I would never wonder what might have happened between us again.**
** not that I wish that I had ended up with her instead of Kristin (which some people might take this as saying), no way. But, you know, she might have been my first, and a much better first than whom (and under what circumstances) I gave that privilege to a few months later.
7) What is the worst pet name in the history of your family? Um, that would be a tie between Smokin' Bunny-Cake's bunny, Thumper, and her orange cat, Simba. I named her next cat, Themis, because I couldn't take the Disn*yness any longer.
8) I would eat a bowl of Dirt (as long as it's the kind of dirt I like) for free, but if you want me to eat a bowl of meat that still has the "ickies" in it, you'd have to pay me with sex. Um, no. Not really. But that would be nice, wouldn't it? Honestly, I'd probably just eat it to be polite, and then go be quietly sick in another room...
9) What 80's tv star would make you giggle like a school girl? Doogie Howser. Wait, was he from the 80's? And wouldn't you know it? He's gay. How funny is that?
10) What age was your best and why? Well, this age is pretty good, what with Julia being the light of my life and all... I hate to put a label of best on any part of my life, though, as I hope that it just keeps getting better.
Hopefully I'll get some cute pictures and another video uploaded soon...
Thanks for all the wonderful comments. You guys are the best. I think I virtually drowned in all the virtual chicken soup...