10.27.2006

What I Forgot to Mention Below

Was that the whole time she was spilling her heart to me all I wanted to say was...

I MIGHT HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR!!!

Yup, this whole thing happened on the Bad Weekend. When Kristin and I were sniping at each other and I was trying to analyze every twinge in my head and pelvis for signs that explosion was immanent. And then that.

But even as I thought of screaming the sentence above, I also realized how completely selfish and over-reactive that was, and, honestly, that was kind of funny. Especially since I was likening it in my head to Turkey Vulture vomit. So, one of the scenes that kept playing in my head (I have a hard time keeping myself in the present sometimes) while she was talking was this one...

She: So. Um. So that's when I realized--
I: I MIGHT HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR!!!!
She: (startled, big-eyed, covered in reeking bile, wipes some sticky, regurgitated rotten news off her cheek, while more drips from her chin into the puddle on her lap) Um... well... uh... wow...
I: CAW! CAW! CAW! (flying away in a flash of black and white feathers and red-skinned, wrinkly, bald head)

I don't really know what kind of sound a Turkey Vulture makes. But a Caw seems possible, no?

Well, I think it's a pretty funny scenario. It got me through some of the more awkward moments of the conversation, at least.

Posted by Trista @ 8:54 AM

Read or Post a Comment

"wipes some sticky, regurgitated rotten news off her cheek" is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read in ages.

but how are you REALLY doing?

Posted by Blogger Calliope @ 10:04 AM #
 
<< Home

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS