9.03.2005

Another Julia Story

So, last night I was feeding Julia. Ok, actually, it was this morning. Early. Anyway, we think she's been developing GER (gastro-esomthingorother-reflux) so I was holding her at an incline and trying to get her to fall into the deep sleep where it is possible to trick her into thinking that I'm still holding her where in reality I am really putting her in her little co-sleeper and just leaving my hand on her tummy. I was reading as I was doing this because I needed to do something to keep myself awake. Anyway, I was reading this really funny section in Laurie Notaro's book "I Love Everyone and Other Atrocious Lies" and giggling to myself when I noticed the baby making a strange sound. I looked down and saw this huge grin on her REM-sleeping face and realized that she was giggling, too. She stopped giggling and smiling and then did it all over again. Then she Linda Blair'd all over me. So, I know what you all are thinking... "That wasn't a grin, that was gas!" Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But how do you explain the giggling? Don't tell me it was the demon that had temporarily inhabited her body to force it to purge, exorcist style, all over my pajamas, cause we all know that demons don't giggle. They're more of a maniac cackle kind of being, don't you think?

Posted by Trista @ 3:59 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Weird. I'm reading the Laurie Notaro too. The Love Everybody one. I was trying not to giggle because I was mad at Erik because I was up with Zoe again (he had to work at 5 in the a.m. He totally should have been asleep but at 1:00 a.m. it's easy to resent the snorer next to you). I can't believe you too are reading the Notaro book having just had a wee babe whose stomach you must cup because she may or may not have reflux. I am not so lucky to have witnessed giggling or even much smiling. I'm afraid she's a very very serious baby. No Laurie Notaro for her. She'd like a little Kafka please.
Now, I have to go tickle Zoe to see if she'll giggle. Or at least pass some gas.

Posted by Blogger Nik @ 1:38 PM #
 

Hey.... Did you notice that in the birth section, the Salt Lake Tribune listed both your names? I thought that was really cool, and completely unexpected.

You are getting the one handed typing thing down. Glad to know that she is doing ok, and that the family in NO is doing ok as well.

Posted by Blogger WendyLou @ 11:50 AM #
 

Ok, Nik:

Are you copying me? Cause I think there are programs to help with that...

on another note, I heard that you read tonight. Congratulations!

Posted by Blogger Trista @ 9:28 PM #
 
<< Home

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS