7.29.2005

What I didn't realize...

is that other people know how vulgar I am when no one's looking.




You're Ulysses!

by James Joyce

Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.


Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Now I guess I should actually read the book. I know, I know, I go to grad school with one the preeminent Joyce scholars, who actually teaches a course on Ulysses while I'm there and not only do I not take the course, but I don't even go to the potluck barbeque that he threw after the class finished for the semester. If I had gone to that, maybe I could have picked up some talking points, some catch phrases, something that would showcase my brilliance without having to do any work...

Thanks to G at Library Bitch for bringing this little quiz to my attention...

Posted by Trista @ 7:26 AM

We're Selling Hand Crocheted Baby Hats!

hats for sale

They’re adorable, no? I bet you know a baby that they would look good on. Why don’t you click on the picture and buy one…

Buy These Cool Things

Lexie Lew

Stylish Living, Pets Included

Random Books From My Library

I'm Wishing I Had These in My Hot Little Hands (and if you buy them through this link, even if you aren't buying them for me, I get a little (very little) Something

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Trista
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS